Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba... I'm Lovin' It!

I found this recipe for sausage pie...and I tweaked it (meaning I took out the green onions, parsley, pimientos...) and mine tastes just like a McGriddle breakfast sandwich from McDonald's!


Here is the simple recipe:

2 packages of maple sausage
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs beaten
2 cups of milk
1 cup of Bisquick
Pepper to taste

Cook sausage, crumble and drain well. Sprinkle sausage in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with shredded cheese. Mix eggs, milk, Bisquick and pepper for one minute. Pour over sausage and cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees or until knife comes out clean.

Not only is this super yummy, but it makes your whole house smell great!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

This sounds like the Cheeseburger pie I make off the Bisquick box. Instead of 2 lbs. of sausage, it uses 1 lb of hamburger. We love it so I'll have to try this one.
Michelle Jinnette