Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipes I promised and a bonus

A few months ago I told some of you that I made a super delicious dinner that Dan said was the best I ever made. (That really isn't saying much! haha) When I made this dish the whole kitchen area smelled like an Italian restaurant...in a good way! :) I skipped the mushrooms and used canned spinach. (Yes, I actually ate the spinach b/c the whole thing was soooo good!) Here is the link...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Florentine-Casserole/Detail.aspx

Try this yummy dessert. It would be AWESOME in the fall...

Frosted Maple Apple Dessert
Filling
roll out pie crust dough (2, one for top and one for bottom)
12 cups thinly sliced and peeled apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbs flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp maple flavor (Mmmmm!)

Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix all above ingredients in a bowl.
Place one crust in baking dish. Spread filling on top. Then put the other crust on top of filling.
Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce temp to 400 degrees and bake for 20-30 minutes longer.

Frosting
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp maple flavor (again, Mmmm!)
1 1/2 to 2 tbs milk

Drizzle this on top when you pull the dessert out of the oven. Let sit for an hour...if you can wait!



Here is a chicken dinner I made last night. It was one of the best chicken dinners I ever had...and that includes eating out. (Maybe it is b/c I am doing the South Beach diet and am starving and anything would taste good at dinner time!) I used splenda and omitted the sesame oil.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/crockpot-slow-cooker-phase-i/182843-crockpot-chicken.html

1 comment:

Regina said...

Wish I had read this 8 hours ago so I could make the chicken for dinner! I can't believe you are posting a dessert recipe while you are on a diet. Crazy girl! Sounds yummy though. As for the diet, you can do it! Can't wait to hear how you guys are doing on it.