Monday, September 22, 2008

Also known as...

...the Fall Whore. That's what Dan calls me b/c I LOVE fall and everything that has to do with it. Once it is September I start with the decorating. Pumpkins here, cornstalks there....and oh the candles! My favorite is "Harvest" from Yankee Candle. It smells just like fall. Wait! I can't believe I didn't mention this first...the fall treats!!!!!!!!! I love to make (and eat) apple pie, pumpkin rolls, apple crisp, leaf cookies... And don't forget the fall candies...fall colored M&Ms and Hershey Kisses. Alright, back to nature...the Autumn colors in the North are gorgeous and I usually get homesick this time of year. We had some really great pumpkin patches and farms and orchards we used to go to. And just driving around in the colorful tunnel of trees down any given street gave you a sense of awe. I know the leaves turn here too, but it's not the same. The colors aren't as vibrant. I still get into fall and get obsessed with taking cool fall pictures of Cole. But I miss the fall crafty decorations at the fairs and the 947 pound pumpkins. Oh yeah, they grow 'em big in Ohio! Back to the treats...pumpkin cheesecake, mmmmmmm. Yes, fall is a wonderful time of year. The sights, sounds and smells make me happy. But mostly the treats!

No comments: