Saturday, December 13, 2008

Advent calendar days 9 - 13

December 9th...
I am thankful for book club. Even though we weren't able to meet as scheduled on the 9th, I am still happy knowing we will reschedule and continue to meet and read and discuss and eat and drink...

December 10th...
I am thankful for Flat Earth veggie chips and Gerber real fruit snacks. Sometimes that is the only way I get Cole to eat fruit and vegetables some days!

December 11th...
I am thankful for...
BEDTIME!!!!

December 12th...
I am thankful for compassion learned.
The other day Cole and I went to Wal*Mart and there was a guy ringing the bell for the Salvation Army. I explained that he was collecting money b/c the SA helps families who need food or clothes b/c they don't have a lot of money.
On the 12th we were at a different Wal*Mart (Cole and Dan are there now...three times in one week for the kid!!! Not a record, I'm sure.) and they had people collecting for the SA as well. Cole noticed right away and I said we would give money on the way out.
While in line I noticed they were collecting money in a plastic jug for a little boy who has leukemia. I showed it to Cole and explained that the little boy was sick and his parents needed money to pay for his hospital bills. I gave him money to put in the jug for the "sick boy".
On the way out we gave to the SA. I told Cole we did two goods things today and helped two people. I told him it is nice to help people whenever you can.
Later that night Cole was cutting something out. He said he was making something to hold money for sick kids. He was going to save money for them. He just doesn't like that there are sick kids.
My heart was so full of pride, happiness and love for that boy!
Of course he was a total disrespectful monster the rest of the night...so i am also thankful for...

Twisted River Riesling!

December 13th...
I am thankful for Dan and Cole letting me sleep in today.
I slept until 11:30!!!!!! AND I could have kept going!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That's a good list of things to be thankful for.