Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm In!

A friend of mine started an advent/thankfulness type countdown to Christmas on her blog...photographing and talking about what she is thankful for each day. She invited everyone to do the same. Well, being the slacker I am I didn't see her blog until day 5 so.....I am a little behind. I am going to do days 1-6 today and other days when I can.

I am so thankful for many things on a daily basis, so to narrow it down to one a day will be easy. Of course I am thankful for my family's health (although not in the past month!!!), being able to stay at home with Cole, my friends, our financial situation...the big things. But I am also thankful for the little things. More so now that I am a mommy. And I am thankful for that!

OK, here we go...

December 1st
I am thankful for my boy. I love him more than words can say.

December 2nd
Christmas Ornaments. Most of you know my ornament gripe...Dan threw away all my childhood ornaments and ornaments we collected together. So, for the past 4 years I have been buying ornaments like crazy to fill up the tree. I love Hallmark ornaments, homemade ornaments, ornaments from friends, ornaments made at school...ornaments! Love ornaments! I just like to remember where we were when we got them or who gave them...it's all about the memories. Dan threw away my memories, but now I can focus on the new ones I will make. (Yes, it is really me typing this! I thought I should try to be positive b/c this is a thankfulness thing and all...I can't just bitch about Dan the whole time!)

December 3rd
See the ornament picture above? Not like yours is it? No, Nic, Nicole, Amber and Regina have these great shots of ornaments and close ups of stuff. (yes, i know the bitching is back, but i have a point...) I am thankful for Dan looking up DSL cameras all the time...trying to get a good deal on one for me. He feels bad that he got a whole new man room and I didn't get anything. I don't need anything...I have a scrapbook room that I am thankful for...but hey, if I happen to get a nice new camera out of the deal and I will be able to take crisp clear shots...I will be soooo happy!

December 4th
I am thankful for Christmas books. I love to read them during the holiday season. I read Holly...it was good and a little steamy which I wasn't expecting, but a nice surprise nonetheless! I haven't read the other two yet.





December 5th
I am thankful for voicemail that makes me smile. My friends from afar leave long detailed messages...like i actually answered and they are talking to me. (I do the same, so I hope it makes people smile too.) Well, I got a message from my friend Karen who I haven't talked with since, yikes, June? Anyway, she gets herself into a holiday tizzy every year making scrapbooks for the grandparents...and her message was just that. (It's a tizzy with a smile and a laugh though...she knows she is crazy to attempt it!) I found myself smiling at her message. I guess I was glad to hear happiness in her voice...she just lost her job (which she said with a laugh in her message) and her husband has been battling cancer. They have a 4 year old girl. It breaks my heart. Pray for him.

December 6th
I am thankful for pretty sunsets. As I was closing the blinds I saw a beautiful sight tonight...

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hey slacker! Glad you are on board! Great shot of Cole, perfect Christmas tree, you'll get a camera, quit bitching, I leave long messages all the time (you know that already) and it's damn cold but at least the sunset is pretty. Life is good and friend, you make me smile!

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

*hugs*

and i love your pictures!!!! the one of cole is GREAT!!!

and guess what? my pics are from a point-and-shoot that cost less than 200 bucks! :) i'm on the "i want an SLR" bandwagon, too!!